Thursday, December 15, 2011

Bakery and Baby Tour of the East PART ONE



2 Weeks ago I left to visit Baltimore, DC, and NYC. I wanted to do a solo trip to prove to myself that I can travel places on my own and survive. Ellery did however meet me in DC for two days- but besides that I did it entirely on my own, and I am pretty proud of myself.
Here's what went down.

BALTIMORE:

One of my best friends lives in Baltimore- I like to be all poetic and think that fate brought us together as friends, because we happened to be neighbors when we both lived in Blue Hill 3 years ago( before she moved away--tear.). Someone told me a Lone cabinet maker lived behind me who was older than me....I went and knocked on her door and found an awesome, young, hip red-head who was only like 4 years older than me. Glad I decided to knock on her door.
Brooke's the kind of friend I can text at 5am in the morning to whine about something that other people would find very bizarre-- and she will answer with something that always makes me feel better. She's also a kick-ass Mom who goes to school full-time.
Brooke has one of the cutest little boys I know--CADE. He's a real charmer--oh man that smile. Even when he is crying hysterically because he's tired, or hungry, or needs a diaper change (I learned this is the three main reasons babies cry) he is still cute.
Most of my time in Baltimore was spent walking around with Cade and Brooke--we visited the waterfront district, but we mostly stayed around Brooke's neighborhood which is pretty cool. Nice shops and restaurants and such. I visited two bakeries while in Baltimore- Boneparte Bakery and St0ne Mill. At Bonteparte I had a Croissant the size of my head that was pretty good--- St0ne Mill was sort of all hype- it looked like it had good bread, but the baked goods were nothing special.
We took a sort of late night walk down to 34th street where the entire section of road is just filled up with awesome Christmas light displays. ...All decked out with Maryland Crabs, or hubcaps, or bike wheels..very cool.
Brooke's awesome husband MYLES picked us up some Indian food on my last night that was realllly good. And than I had to leave to make the Journey to DC via the MARC TRAIN.

ALL in ALL I liked Baltimore a bit more after this visit (I have been once before)...it's def. not my favorite city- but there are some decent places to visit. And their WHOLE FOODS is pretty awesome so it can't be all bad:)


1 comment:

  1. I Love You Sarah, even though I am a weirdo/lone wolf/old lady who lived by herself in the woods! AND I believe that fate brought us together too!
    The bakeries were called- Bonaparte and Stonemill (in case you care), and I am very proud of you for leaving your small town and visiting two of the most crime infested cities in the country, and very glad that you realize how awesome Maine is and how lucky you are to be able to go home when you're done with all the concrete and noise! xo

    ReplyDelete