Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Unemployment Woes.

I have been Unemployed for over 2 weeks now- which is not 100% true I suppose- I have gardened, gone lobstering, and cleaned houses off and on over these longgg few weeks.
Being Unemployed sucks. There is no better way to describe it. I wake up every morning trying to scheme up ways to make a buck in the middle of Maine, in the middle of a recession, at the beginning of winter.
Plus I'm picky- I'm sick of taking dead-end jobs that I hate. I realllllyyyyy want to be working for myself baking, or at least working in a decent bakery.
Every week I make myself a gigantic list of things that i can do around the house (since we just bought one the list is never ending.)- I have scraped, puttyed, and painted two rooms in two weeks. I do the grocery shopping, the cooking, most of the chores that we wouldn't be able to get done normally. However I still feel like a failure.
I am a college educated, 27 year old woman looking for work. How did this happen?? I feel like I can't fully blame it on the economy. I always take jobs that start in April and end at the end of October- because in Maine this is when there are a plethra of jobs! And they are my type of jobs- outside work, lobstering, physically exhausting jobs, or the one I really scored with this summer- breakfast chef/baker.
Oh well I'm just singing the woes- but I can't help it.
Schedule for today:
1. Coffee + Breakfast
2. Long walk with Tess
3. Garden (yay 2 hours of work!)
4. Work on Sarahndipity Pies
5. Harass potential local employers for work
6. Bake to ease Anxiety/Woes.

Okay I'm done whining....I would just like to give a shout-out to all unemployed people out there going through the same thing....it's hard and it takes a lot not to just start freaking out.

Here's to finding some work.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment