Thursday, November 3, 2011

Abstract Thoughts.




Sometimes I want to lay in a field.

I walk by this ridiculously beautiful field with my dog Tess about once a week. It has this little stream that runs through it that leads to the ocean....at the mouth of the stream there is this tiny little red cabin, that contrasts so amazingly with the deep blue water, and yellow/orange of the field this time of year. I imagine what the people in the cabin must do at night, huddled by a small wood stove or fire, enjoying a hot toddy or playing cards. I want to retire like this. Old, with Ellery somewhere beautiful.
Every time I walk by this field I want to just go to the dead center of it and lay down...I feel like this would be the most comfortable place, and the most relaxing to calm my anxious soul. Am I alone in this feeling?
I often have urges like this. I enter someones kitchen and it smells of spices or soup or homemade bread, and I want to sit right down at the table with a cup of coffee or tea and start up good conversation. Or walking by the deep blue ocean on a hot day- it's like I HAVE to jump in, to feel what the ocean is like on my skin.
Sometimes I just want to be a color. Green yellow grass. Dark black night with a fall breeze. Blue Green ocean on the lobster boat. White snow prints through a trail in the woods. Dark Chocolate Brown Cake.
These abstract thoughts take over my brain- they relax me when the weight of the world is on my back. I found myself on my cellphone today when i walked by that field.....I stopped I said I had to go to the person I was talking too.....I feel like in a lot of ways, the only ways I've grown up in the last few years is by appreciating views, and moments that are important. But that's got to be something right?

2 comments: