Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving recap and a little Poem.



Thanksgiving has come and gone- I barely remember it because it was filled with such hectic scheduling and lots of family and food. Spent some time with my family that I haven't seen in months...and then headed up the road an hour to Ellery's familys thanksgiving.
Pie contests at both- I came in second (a triple layer Chocolate Cheesecake beat me out!) with my Pecan/Pumpkin/Cream Cheese Pie. And there was no determined winner at Ellery's.

After all the crazyness with Thanksgiving weekend (including a funeral-more on that later) I declare that I will not get stressed out about Christmas- and have already finished most of my shopping in hopes that I can go down to my parents for Christmas Eve/Day and just enjoy my family (until they drive me insane:))


I leave you with my first attempt at some poetry--My brain works to much when it's just me in the bakery in the morning and I get a ten minute break to eat some oatmeal or a muffin:

An Ode to a Tree Better off left alone~

5:30 Am.

I sit starting through the glass of the bakery window at the White Light decorated Bare Trees outside.
Leaves gone. Color gone. So we replace it with Artificial color.
Does the tree feel better about itself now? Or would it rather be resting? Now maybe it feels like it must put on a show: "Look at Me!" "Look at Me!" it's forced to shout.
When it would rather be quiet and bare for a few months until Spring when buds will appear like tiny flowers all over it's thought to be life-less body.

No comments:

Post a Comment