Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Yeast Roll attempts 1 and 2

So Last week I attempted my Maam's yeast rolls----and def. failed. The recipe called for lots of butter and eggs--- which I just learned from my mother is not what was in her recipe....Apparently I have discovered that hers had only: shortening, flour, yeast, water, milk, lil sugar and lil salt.

The problem is when I search it online the only freakin thing that comes up is these light airy rolls----I DO NOT want Light and airy---i want dense and moist and melt in your mouth delicious---who wants light and airy??? that's so lame.

Anyway I decided her recipe must be more like a biscuit and less like a roll despite her always calling them rolls.....So today I'm trying this weird recipe I found online that has all the ingredients she used......the dough doesn't seem right but we shall see in an hour if it looks anything like the dough she use to hand off to my sister and I to shape. Seriously I've been kicking my ass everyday for not getting this recipe from her....i don't think I will ever get over it until I make them exactly like she had them. However---my maam was one of the most patient people in the world---if you know me then you know I'm just about the opposite of this... My maam probley took 2-3 hours with these rolls and didn't worry to much about how they were going to come out because she had the magic touch.....ughhhhhhhhhh I really hope these come out today.

In other news- My sister informed me yesterday that she wants a cake just like the one on the movie Matilda in the scene where the little boy has to eat an entire cake in front of the class as punishment.....I found the recipe today---pretty excited to make it----EXCEPT for the fact that her birthday is like 3 days after Thanksgiving. So now I'm making: 2 pies, a cake, and yeast rolls.......that's what you get for being the baker of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment