Thursday, October 21, 2010

Give those Muffins Hell



My boyfriend left me a note last night for me to find when I woke up for my 3am bakery shift this morning---it read: "Give those muffins hell today!" Amusing yes- but this also pretty sums up what my life has been like for the last 3 weeks since starting the pastry assistant job.

I've some how gotten over my insomnia (thank you Valerian Root!)---however my mind and body can't quite match up ever- and when they finally recover, say on Sunday evening--it's by then time to start the week all over again. Oh well I'm definitly learning a lot.

And did I mention I'm a fool for baking? The pictures above are what I have created after working 8 hours and coming home to an empty house. One day I decided I must have Sourdough pancakes---they beckoned me all week- and my sourdough starter was also crying at me to feed it-damn you sourdough starter.
Another afternoon we had all this left over croissant dough from work---i thought I would make mini pain au chocolat. Basically because I'm a fool for anything mini and chocolate. Plus- have you ever made croissants? They literally take like one billion hours- okay not that long but they are a major pain in the ass and it makes me depressed to watch that buttery goodness of scraps get thrown in the trash.

Anyway as you can see I've been busy mainly with feeding people- and myself. I've had to up my walks daily just to keep up with the baked goods I keep feeding my face with. Hope to keep up this blog more- now that I've started adjusting to this ridiculous sleep deprived lifestyle.

Cheers-


No comments:

Post a Comment