Sunday, March 29, 2015

A Beach day in Late March

Late March:

The Sea had been there all along.  I had forgotten my brain piled up with snow.  The ocean still layed upon the mud.
Glistening up the mussel shells to make me want to pick them up and hold them in my hand.  Later they would look less desirable, not as lovely without the wet sea salty upon them.
I jumped from rock from rock when I could of walked easily upon the pebbly beach.  It felt good for my legs and heart to work with my brain in some sort of long lost muscle memory of jumping along the beach as a kid. Leaping before much thought was put into it.  Today in sneakers, years ago in bare feet.
I watched my kid drawn to the sea, picking up rocks to throw out for our dog.  Upset when it was time to leave.  Looking longingly back over his shoulder and trying to double back when he thought we werent paying attention.  How to explain to a toddler that there will be much warmer beach days ahead.  They won't end because of a cold March wind.  Soon we can sit happily upon the warm sand and touch the cool water with our toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment